Post 6 >> Back to the Past
Hello everyone! Today I will talk about a controversial and interesting topic ... Do you prefer to go to the past or to the future? Actually, it is a very difficult decision for me because, because i would like to go to both, but I think that for me, as an anthropologist or archaeologist in the future, it is very important to understand our past in order to project ourselves into the future, so i would definitely travel towards to the past.
The very difficult question is to decide where I would like to go. I think an interesting place to go would definitely be the pre-Hispanic America, there would be the time necessary to understand it. How did they live? What did you do? Obviously, most of these questions are answered in different books or poems, etc., but I think that as an anthropologist being able to be with them would be really different, I could really understand their thoughts, their worldview and everything related to their lives...
Maybe it would be a strong experience to live, especially when we talk about “The Discovery of America”, when the European people came to our continent to stole everything from our indigenous people. But I think if I could, I would really like to change that disastrous “discovery” from the people’s past, because this episode from our lives was really awful for them and brought consequences that are expressed to this day.
XOXO, see you!


It would be too strong to live the Discovery of America, possibly if I had to change something from the past, it would be its cruelty.
ReplyDeleteI would love to return to pre-Hispanic America and know how they really lived, without Western influence, only in their own way. I hate when people say that of "discovery of America" >:( as if only western culture would matter.
ReplyDelete